YouTube documentaries?

Discussion in 'Other' started by SLTE, Feb 2, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    I've noticed that YouTube has become a haven for old, but still interesting, documentaries of all stars and stripes. Quite often it's stuff you just can't find anywhere else. Has anyone come across any cool documentaries while exploring the vast reaches of YouTube?

My favourite so far is a lengthy series of episodes on the American Civil War, called, simply, The Civil War. It's not the most exciting documentary I've ever seen, but I think I prefer it that way, because it's absolutely stuffed with cool information. Neat photos, too, and a solid voiceover by Ken Burns all the way through.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    One of my favorite types of documentaries to watch there is nature documentaries. I find it very calming and very interesting since I live in the city far away from any form of wildlife. It's also great for someone like me who is interested in these animals but not necessarily enough that I'd want to get close to them. This is a safe way for me to learn and also from time to time it's also great as a sleep aid because they can be very relaxing.

4. R34Dream

R34Dream Member

Feb 6, 2016
    WW2 in Color/HD is a great watch. Some stunning and somewhat dark visuals accompanied by a great story and narration. I suggest you check it out.

5. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Oh, wow, that's on Netflix, too, I see now. I'm amazed that's never come to my attention - I love war documentaries, and have watched a few on Netflix. You'd think it would've been suggested to me by now. Thanks!

6. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    I watch the BBC documentaries with Sir David Attenborough as the narrator. I loved them when I was a little kid, and I love them even now. Those are some of the most well-produced and informative wildlife documentaries ever produced and for me, worth watching over and over again.

As for others, I like watching documentaries on various special forces of the world, and those about the cosmos.