Your Favorite Movie Actors

Discussion in 'Cord Cutter Chat' started by Haruka, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I've always enjoyed the performances of Christopher Walken and Al Paccino, even though they are pretty much the same types of performances in any movie that they star in. I do enjoy it when actors are able to completely transform themselves to suit a role, but I think this method is not so bad either if their character or personality suits the role. I wish they would make a few more movies starring these actors these days, but it seems Hollywood and its audience is more interested in seeing Tom Cruise action movies and various other young stars. :)

Which movie actors are your favorites?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharli Posters

Dec 7, 2013
    Washington, DC
    I've always like Leonardo DiCaprio, Ryan Gosling, & Idris Elba (recently from Thor). Or course who doesn't like Leo D? He's always been a favorite of mine even before Titanic. Ryan Gosling is a giving because of The Notebook -- which is every girl's favorite movie. Idris Elba came into the picture from BBC's "Luther", but he's a sexy man too! xx

4. Astdua

Astdua Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 11, 2013
    A recent favorite of mine has been Christian Bale, from his thrilling performance in American Psycho, to the good run with the Batman trilogy, I've gained nothing but respect and admiration for his work. Portrayal of subtle emotions, charming elegant presence, good knack for action. I like how he changes his body type and works out really hard, losing hundreds of pounds even, from role to tole. He's like a shapeshifter! Have you seen him in the Machinist?

5. pandandesign

pandandesign Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 9, 2014
    My favorite movie actors are Johnny Depp, which has done an outstanding job on the Pirates of Caribbean movies. He acts very good on that movie because he makes me laugh every time he walks. Another movie that he has done a good job is "Sleepy Hollow", which I have discovered about Johnny Depp from that movie. My other favorite actor is Chloe Moretz, which is in the "Kick Ass" movie. The movie is funny and has exceeded my expectation. Chloe has done a really great job performing in the movie as the female superhero.

6. smlewis00

smlewis00 Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I have always loved Will Ferrell! He is hilareous! My favorite movie he is in is Elf. That movie cracks me up! He is a fantastic actor! I love any kind of creative humor.
    I also really like Johnny Depp. He is incredibly talented! He has done many versatile roles and has done them very well. I liked him in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and in Pirates of the Carribbean. He is such a great actor!

7. TPhoenix

TPhoenix Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Canada
    My favorite actors that I like to watch are Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling, Shea LaBeouf, Leonardo DiCaprio, Denzel Washington, and Tom Cruise. As long as anyone of them have their name attached to a project, I have got to see it! They are all incredible talent. I really enjoy their work.

8. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I wouldn't say I've become too attached or fascinated with any one actor. Christian Bale would be one of the first ones to pop into my head. American Psycho is what really got me into him. I haven't seen The Machinist yet, but I loved him in the Batman films. I was also really impressed with Sean Penn in Milk, he really played that role to a tee. To a lesser extent James Franco, though he is kind of aloof and difficult for me to take too seriously at times.

For female actors, Jennifer Connely is one of my favorites. I really liked her performance in Dark Water - plus she has some horror movie street cred, staring in an Argento film back in the day.

9. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Agreed. I love Johnny Depp as well, but I don't really like all his movies, which I guess is understandable. I'm not a big fan of pirates, so I instantly don't like PotC, but I did like his performance there, but I didn't really like his portrayal of Willie Wonka all that much, to be honest. My favorite movies of his are Sweeney Todd, Ed Wood, and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas. :)

Totally forgot about Denzel! He's made so many great movies and he always brings his A-game. Now that I think of it, I'd love to see him play a role in any superhero movie.

10. WhataTV

WhataTV Founding Member Founding Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Tom Hanks. He is a class act and a great actor.

11. Harvey

Harvey Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Ananda Ereringham! I only watched one film where he starred in (and it's just a short film) but I was awed by his performance. If you will watch "The Library" which is on YouTube which I also posted in another thread here, you'll see that he's very good at conveying deep emotions.