Where do you fall? Just Wondering

Discussion in 'Feedback & Announcements' started by Netpuppet, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Netpuppet

Netpuppet Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Waterbury CT USA
    Here is an interesting article from Engadget on Cordcutting. They mention a myriad of reasons for people cutting the cord. I am wondering why you did it?

1. Sick of the high cost of Cable TV
    2. Tired if high cost of Cable TV and "nothing on"?
    3. You want to stop being a couch potato?
    4. Want to try a new gadget, ie Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV.
    5. Other services like Netflix, Hulu offer more of what you want?
    6. Want to find more balance in life, less tv more hobbies like reading, clubs, etc...?

Any other reason I do not have listed.

For full disclosure, I cut the cord 5 years ago, the Roku did not have many channels, but I got one. I was also sick of paying ever rising cable tv costs, with no return. I was a big sports guy, but in these past years I have found it so easy to do without, and find more things to do with my time. But I still love finding a great new show on Netflix and binge for a while.

The one thing I cannot stand nowadays is watching anything that has commercials. I tried watching the football games yesterday, but the sheer amount of commercials made it impossible. I had a friend actually say to me, when I mentioned this, "well, that's your problem". I just laughed. It really is nice to watch netflix, and youtube movies and shows without commercials, when I see them now, I get antsy.

Here is a great place for movies and documentaries.

http://www.reddit.com/r/fullmoviesonyoutube/?count=50&after=t3_1vnepk

http://www.reddit.com/r/Documentaries/

I have posted these elsewhere in this forum. Enjoy

Netpuppet

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    All of the above. I was never a big TV person to begin with, but when I sit down.. I want to watch something entertaining, spend more than 70% of the time being entertained and not sold something, and not pay through the nose for it at the same time! I'll say it every time.. it's about Value! Is $120 a month worth Reality TV and a 12 hour marathon of the same shows monday thru friday? Nope!