What's New on Netflix site

Discussion in 'Netflix' started by AresBlade, Sep 24, 2014.

1. AresBlade

AresBlade Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2014
    I realized that there's not a thread here dedicated to one of my favourite sites: "What's new on Netflix". This wonderful site gives you a daily update of what's being added to the libraries across the world. Check it out if you haven't, and let me know what you think!

http://can.whatsnewonnetflix.com/

Obviously once you're in the site you can change the region from Canada, that's just where I am :)

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I haven't seen this link up to now. Unfortunately the flag for my country is not appearing, so I guess I'll have to be patient and wait...

4. AresBlade

AresBlade Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Wow really? Where are you located Gelsemium? I thought that they pretty much had every region where Netflix is available now. Sorry about that.

5. AmandaK

AmandaK Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2014
    This is helpful. I share an account with my partner on the Roku. He almost exclusively watches dreary historical documentaries. So, my recommendations and "new on Netflix" categories are almost exclusively dreary historical documentaries. I'll check this so I'll know when something I actually want to see gets released.

6. Gelsemium

Apr 6, 2014
    I am in Portugal, a small country in the extreme of Europe, great for beaches, but no Netflix... yet! :)

7. AmandaK

Sep 18, 2014
    If where I lived had beaches like Portugal's, I wouldn't need Netflix! Get ready, Gelsemium. I've seen it posted in blogs and mentioned in articles that Portugal is THE budget tourist destination right now. This means your town will probably soon be inundated with vacationing Americans. Enjoy the peace on your beaches while you can. I will send positive vibes your way in hopes that Netflix will beat the surge of tourists so you at least have an escape.

8. Gelsemium

Apr 6, 2014
    Haha, not bad Amanda, I love the beaches too, but in the winter we can't go there. :) We see quite a few tourists, have you been here?

9. AmandaK

Sep 18, 2014
    I've never left the States. I've been within five miles of Mexico and close to Canada, but that's it. I would love to visit Portugal and Spain, though.
    Do the cable companies have the same stranglehold there as in the states? We're limited to Verizon Fios or Comcast Xfinity in most places here- or smaller cable companies that often provide worse service for more cost.

10. Gelsemium

Apr 6, 2014
    Yep, we have two providers as well, Nos and Meo and they have the same prices, almost everyone used them, except those still on free signal that only have 4 or 5 channels.

Mexico sounds awesome, why didn't you go?

11. AmandaK

Sep 18, 2014
    I don't have a passport. I had planned to go all the way to the border so I could at least say I saw another country, but there were ominous signs with notices like "last exit before border" and "prepare to be searched" so I didn't chance it. I was in a rental car, too. I agreed not to take it out of the country and I didn't get the insurance.

Sadly, your cable "choices" seem about the same as here in the states. We get about five "free" local channels, too. The cable companies here have different names but they are all the same. They take turns drawing people in for low introductory prices for 2 year contracts then strangle you with monthly fees for a bunch of junk channels that you don't want but have to buy to get access to the few channels you want.

12. Gelsemium

Apr 6, 2014
    Is it that hard to get a passport, why don't you get one?

Yeah, cable companies are the same worldwide, so it's about time we get good reliable options to cut the cord.

13. gmckee1985

gmckee1985 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2014
    This is a really useful link. Thanks. I'll definitely use this to plan my evening viewing experience from now on. It's always good to know what's new on Netflix. I share an account with my girlfriend so I'm sure we'll both get a lot of use out of this website in the future.