What Do You Watch To Fall Asleep?

Discussion in 'What To Watch' started by Haruka, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I know it's not such a good habit to watch videos or shows to fall asleep but I have grown up with it. Sometimes I'm able to get to sleep without anything on but I just find it more pleasant to have something playing as I drift off. I usually just play some youtube videos or a Netflix movie on my ipad to fall asleep. What I learned not to do, though is not to play an episode of a series on the Netflix app because for some reason there's no option to just watch one or two and instead it plays automatically through the whole series until you stop it, so when I left it like that I had no battery life on my ipad when I woke up. This is another thing I dislike about the Netflix app, as a sidenote.

Do you guys watch anything to get sleepy or to fall asleep to?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    My wife and I are more likely to watch goofy videos of dogs acting like idiots on Youtube than anything else before falling asleep. Silly animals relax her, and once she's asleep I nod off pretty quickly, for some reason. As for actual shows, though, we're most likely to watch light comedy. Lately we've been watching a lot of sketch comedy by David Mitchell and Robert Webb, a pair of English comedians. Funny stuff.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I usually just re-watch series that I already finished. Since I already know the story, I tend to fall asleep easily. But of course, I'd still watch a few episodes before I doze off. And sometimes, it doesn't work because I tend to watch my favourite seasons and that can prevent me from sleeping. But if it's a boring season or episode, I usually fall asleep, lol.

5. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I do this sometimes too, but only mostly with cats, although I do like to no so just watch animals in general doing odd or funny things regardless of what species. I'm not particularly fond of dogs though so I mostly just watch cats which I find so relaxing because even with just the way they move it makes me feel sleepy. One I was watching cat videos in the afternoon and I fell asleep and I wasn't even sleepy lol.

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    South Central USA
    If I'm tired enough, it doesn't matter what I'm watching, I'll fall asleep. I've fallen asleep watching soap operas, horror flicks, Cops Reloaded, and the ID channel. I don't normally fall asleep to shows on HGTV or cooking shows, because I tend to watch those earlier in the day. Usually whatever I'm watching is on the DVR (except Cops Reloaded), so i can pick up where I left off the next day.

7. ThroughFibers

ThroughFibers Member

Mar 1, 2016
    I am obsessed with ASMR, and it is all over youtube, so it's totally free. It's basically a combination of sounds designed to be oddly pleasing, comforting, serene, distracting, etc. Soft-spoken whispers and chatter along with scraping, ruffling and other odd sounds creates a magnificent sleeping tool.

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    If I'm being honest I don't rend to watch particular shows to fall asleep to, but ill just put the news on or something like that. As soon as they start talking about anything political, my eyes soon start to drop!