What do you do with your equipment?

Discussion in 'Media Players' started by Sugarhill, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    When you upgrade to the next best and more complete peripheral or TV, what do you do with your old stuff? Is really feasible to try to flip it on Ebay or are others looking to buy the latest also? Do you get most of what you paid or are you even trying to?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Usually I just change my equipment when the old one is no longer working lol, so it goes to the trash. If I buy something just to upgrade I try to sell it yes.

4. Sugarhill

Oct 8, 2014
    Do you ever get enough money back to justify the upgrade? Or, is any money that you get back from the sale enough? I've usually found that when I want to upgrade, the items that I would have to trade in or sell, aren't going to garner the effort to even post it, so I'll just keep them for back up.

5. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Now you place two questions there, if my investment justifies the upgrade the answer is it has to or else I am not doing it. As for selling the old equipment you are right, sometimes it's not worth the effort because no one wants to pay decent money for it.

6. Sugarhill

Oct 8, 2014
    Thanks for answering. I guess I was trying to see if you were just a gadget freak that will buy no matter what or if you are really making these purchases in the spirit of the overall point: cutting costs for entertainment.

7. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    Well, selling them on eBay is kind of hard if you are doing it for the first time since not a lot of people trust new accounts.
    That said, whenever I upgrade I sell my old stuff to my friends. That way I'm helping a friend, getting a good price and it's all safe and legal/

8. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    When i upgrade, If the eqipment is in full working order i usually either give it away to friends or family (if they want it) or trade it in, either at a local store or on a website.

If the equipment is old or broken i just usually throw it out, i know theres a few shops that will buy broken equipment but the price they pay i've found usually isnt worth it.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Millinocket, Maine
    Yes, you can sell it on eBay. Sometimes you'll do well with it, sometimes you won't, but as long as you figure in the shipping costs and fees, you won't lose out.

10. pwarbi

pwarbi Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2015
    While I have an eBay account, I can't say I've ever bought or sold anything on there if I'm honest.

While I know millions of people use the site every day, for me it just all seems a bit too complicated when it comes to selling items.

11. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Usually I offer it to friends and family to see if they would like it. I have even donated a few things after doing a reset on the device.