WDTV Live Hub With Wireless

Discussion in 'WDTV' started by HitmanActual, Nov 11, 2012.

1. HitmanActual

HitmanActual Posters

Nov 11, 2012
    Does anyone know if there is a model of the WDTV live hub (the one with the one with the 1 TB internal storage drive) that has Wi-Fi/wireless?

Every one I've come across only has Ethernet or wired connectivity and that's a deal breaker for me.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    Wow, I'm still finding posts I missed from a year ago!

Well, in any case, bad news buddy... Here we are a year later and nope, there still isn't a wireless version of the 1TB WDTV Live Hub.

I didn't let that stop me though. All my devices are wireless. When I cut the crod on AT&T uverse I lost that awesome home network they built me when they installed their uverse receivers complete with RJ-45 jack giving you access to the network.

I went out and got one of these puppies

[​IMG]

Netflix and all the apps work great but my biggest concern was being able to move files to it quickly. That's why I got the wireless N version. Like if I downloaded a copy of Breaking Bad I wanted to be able to move it to the device in less than 5 minutes -- and I can! Going from my wireless N laptop -- through my Netgear R6300 wireless router -- to this Airlink USB adapter which plugs in nicely via a USB port right on the front of the WDTV Live Hub and is damn near invisible. I get speeds of 3 to 4 Mbps and above moving video files. Which means your average TV episode gets moved over in a minute or less.

4. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012