Two tips for PS VUE Menus

Discussion in 'Help & Resources' started by Lost in Delaware, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Lost in Delaware

Lost in Delaware Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Sorry if I posted this before, but I couldn't find it if I did.

First, the Vue on the PS3 has a well known problem that when you go to use the guide, it jumps around, freezes, then skips ahead by 4 or 5 hours.

The cause for this is simple, and something I reported to Sony a couple months ago as well as posted in the Sony forums.

The background continues to play whatever channel you were on, but the PS3 can't handle the massive amount of streaming data to run the guide PLUS keep the program running in the background.

Solution is easy. Just pause the channel before you go to the guide. With that paused, the guide will be smooth and have perfect response times for you.

Now, the live TV feed only stays paused for 2 mins, so if you need more time, start playing a VOD/DVR show and then hit pause. It will stay paused for as long as you need.

Secondly, the menu in the Roku version of Vue. If you are at the channels row, just move one space to the left and right there is the See All Channels option to go to full screen display of all channels with your favorites listed first.

It's the same all way for the Live TV, My Shows, Recommended, and Featured rows....just one click to the left and you get right to the option to See All