Trying out the default skin for a while. You Can Still Use The CCF One

Discussion in 'Feedback & Announcements' started by GeorgeB, Jan 26, 2014.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    This is mainly for new visitors and or folks who might happen upon the change. Most of you have the default theme set to our custom (the darker grey one) theme. You may or may not see the default forum software theme show up over the coming weeks. If you hate it, and want to scroll to change back to the not so bright CCF theme, it's easy to do.

Why the change?

Don't worry, it's temporary. I'm giving it a couple weeks or so.

The darker grey CCF theme you usually see when visiting the site is a custom theme I tinkered with a while back when we first launched. It's for an older version of the forum software that this site runs on and I'm thinking it may be the cause of our search engine problems. We post a LOT of great, helpful stuff here on the forums and for some reason Google just isn't picking it up. Due to our custom theme being a little buggy, I've decided to go with the theme I know works and is designed to display our forum posts in a way Google likes.

At the end of the day, the more people that find this place, the bigger the cord cutting movement grows, and that's what it's all about.

How do I change it Back?

The good news is that you can change it back immediately if you want to. Just scroll to the bottom of the forum and click the link on the very bottom left that says Change Theme. A little option window will pop up. Select "ccf" and that'll switch it back to the theme you like for good. (don't worry, you won't have to do it every time you visit :))

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Hopefully this works!

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. freeranger

freeranger Active Member

Dec 23, 2013
    The default theme actually looks pretty good too to be honest. My only problem is that I kinda have an aversion to bright websites. I keep my screen turned down as low as possible because bright sites hurt my eyes. So I'll switch to the old theme but like I said, the default one isn'thorrible either.

Either way, hope it works too. I love this place and the more the merrier.

4. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    Would a it be difficult to add a darker battery friendly theme?

5. GeorgeB

Oct 23, 2012
    @Coby no, it shoildn't be. I'll see what I can find today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

cobywill likes this.
  6. GeorgeB

Oct 23, 2012
    OK switched it back. Didn't seem to be making a difference. I have done some other stuff to help with rankings but for now I'm jus tgonna shift my focus back to adding as much quality information as we can here so it gets shared so much that the search engines can't ignore us.

Also, please feel free to help out by sharing all the valuable info here on Facebook, twitter, or wherever else you are on the internet.

Coby, I didn't forget about the dark theme. I have it, I'm just tweaking it and recoloring the logo to match it. Should be up soon! (That is what you meant right? a dark/black theme?)

7. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    Yeah, black/gray, etc.