Transitioning to cord cutting ...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rdunlap, Dec 3, 2016.

1. rdunlap

rdunlap New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    I live in Hartford County, CT. Me and my wife have been talking about cutting the cord for a while now and we are finally transitioning over. Just this past week we signed up for the new Directv Now service through AT&T. Although we do like it, it could use some work. I'm a New York Giants fan as well so the fact that they don't have FOX is making me second guess our decision. I did purchase one of the HDTV antennas but every now and then it cuts out on us. I think it might just need to go higher on the wall and away from the TV bracket to avoid the interference.

Is there any other advice you can give me? I'm new to this so if there is something you think I'd benefit from I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    Your best bet is a attic-mounted antenna pointing ENE.

[​IMG]

Good luck with Directtv Now. I hear good and bad. My overly-pompous view is that anything with a commercial is not truly cutting the cord. :)

4. njmurvin

njmurvin Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Couldn't agree more about commercials. But, I have had SlingTV for the sports and cable channels that I like. They have had commercials and I have been living with it. Plus I don't have a DVR for my OTA channels which I only use for sports and special programs. I have Hulu (comm'l free) for most of my network viewing and love it. I subscribed to Directv Now to lock in the lower price and get the Apple TV deal. As compared to SlingTV, it's far superior (yeah it has bugs but so does Sling). And, with the $5 HBO add-on I save $10 over what I was paying. So, the net cost increase to me is only $5/mo to gain about 80 channels. I'm hoping AT&T stays true to their word about providing a cloud DVR next year - sooner than later.