Thinking of cutting...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tgduke734, Mar 10, 2016.

1. tgduke734

tgduke734 New Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Thinking of cutting the cord (kind of). I am wondering if I just went to pretty basic, standard def cable to keep local sports, could I use the ESPN app on Roku and receive a HD feed? So in other words if I had standard def cable with ESPN, Disney channel etc, once I authenitcized the apps on roku on another tv would I get SD or HD feed on the roku?

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    First of all, welcome to the group. I remember what it was like going through the wants and needs when looking to cut the cord. Hopefully, you will find help (just like I did) through this forum.

If your cable provider has ESPN as a part of whatever package you subscribe to (I am not aware of a basic package with just ESPN – but it cannot hurt), then the answer is most likely yes. I say most likely, as you should have that ability now if you currently have ESPN as a part of your cable package.

My suggestion: If your provider does not have a basic + ESPN package available, then see what it would cost you to go with just the basic package and SlingTV. I do not subscribe to SlingTV, but I know others in the forum do. It might be a cheaper option in the end.