Thinking about cutting the cord

Discussion in 'Help & Resources' started by Zelly, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Zelly

Zelly New Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Good morning,

I have been thinking about cutting the cord for a while. There's so much information out there that sometimes it gets confusing. I want to completely discontinue my Direct TV subscription. I purchased an indoor HDTV antenna from Best Buy in an attempt to do this. But I kept losing the picture or just wasn't getting any reception at all. I already have Netflix and a Smart TV where I can access the apps for HBO ect. How do I go about getting the basic channels and some extra's like HBO? Can someone give me some suggestions? Do I need an outdoor antenna to achieve what I want to do. How do I go about finding someone who can install it?

Thank you,

Zelly

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    First of all, congrats on taking the first step (research). In some cases - such as myself - an indoor antenna will not do the job depending upon distance & obstructions. I put one in our attic, but it is still not great (good - but not great). If you go to TV Fool and input your information, it will give you a report showing your reception options. Perhaps putting an antenna will be the solution for you.