There Are Only About 60 Founding Member Spots Left!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Announcements' started by GeorgeB, Feb 10, 2014.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that we'll be cutting off the Founding members group at 200. That means that once we hit the 200 mark all new members that join after that will be automatically placed in the regular members group. Right now, the key benefit to becoming a founding member is that members of this group will never see banner ads on CCF. Ever.

Founding members will also automatically become a part of the premium members group (if it ever gets created) down the road. They'll enjoy additional features, some of which are,
    • Larger animated avatars - Some of the coolest avatars I see on forums are funny animated ones. These members will be able to upload avatars that are a little larger than regular user account avatars and they can be animated [​IMG]
    • Awesome Badge - A badge like the one the staff members have but that shows you're a premium member.
    • Access to a private forum - Members will have access to a private forum only visible only to premium members and staff. Not only will you be able to have premium member only chats but we will let premium members know about upcoming contests and allow premium members to BETA test new features!
    • Signature images - You'll be able to upload or link to a larger image to display in your sig (no larger than 500 px wide x 400 px tall)
    • More signature links - You be able to have up to 4 links in your signature (non-upgraded accounts will only have 1).
    • No banner advertisements - Since you're already supporting the site you shouldn't have to see paid banner ads [​IMG]
    • Larger Private Message Storage - Non-upgraded accounts can only host 50 private messages. Premium members can store up to 500

Of course, staff members already have all of these abilities. I mention that just to let you know we'll be looking for even more staff members as our membership grows.

CordCutterForum is and always will be a FREE community. We show banner ads to non-founding members and guests (even the staff) so that we don't ever have to charge fees or ask for donations to keep the lights on. However, I just want to make sure the people who are joining us today and contributing when it's not so big are aware that they are very much appreciated!

Thanks and please help spread the word about CCF!

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. WhataTV

WhataTV Founding Member Founding Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm I automatically a founding member or are there other requirements?

4. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    Good work George everything looks sharp!

5. Sarcgirl

Sarcgirl Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 9, 2014
    GeorgeB,

How does one become one of the founding members? Have you met your max?

Peace -- Sarcgirl

6. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I would like to see an option to enable the ads. I like to support my favorite community. Do you guys take dogecoin?

7. GeorgeB

Oct 23, 2012
    Only 5 slots left!!!

8. Jory

Jory Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 8, 2014
    199 Total Members = 1 spot left!

9. GeorgeB

Oct 23, 2012
    Congrats to everyone who made it in!

Hopefully this foundation of the first 200 members + the staff will be the core of what becomes the best resource for cord cutters in the world!

To everyone, thanks for all that you have contributed and I look forward to helping our community grow with you.

- George