The xBox One is Better than the Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Media Players' started by GeorgeB, Mar 13, 2014.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    Take it from someone who owns both. The xBox One wins by a good margin.

I got the PS4 for myself because on paper it looked like the better console. My daughter however, wanted the xBox One more than anything. She is doing well in school this year so we bit the bullet and got her one. So now, after 2 and a half months owning both I think I'm qualified to be good judge of which is better.

The thing is, I was actually biased FOR the PS4. I was upset about paying for XBL Gold just to be able to use Netflix, which I already paid for, on top of the internet that I already paid for. Now that the PS4 requires you to pay for a PSN account for online game play, Sony's main advantage vanishes.

I also figured the xBox One fanfare about being an all-in-one entertainment system was silly. After all I've got Rokus, a WDTV Live Hub, a Chromecast. All that stuff would be wasted on me. As it turns out however, those features are actually pretty awesome. Sure the xBox costs $100 more but what I've discovered is that's because it has more features for that money and it comes with the Kinect camera which ads a bunch of functionality the PS4 just physically can't aspire to.

The xBox's impressive voice command functionality makes the PS4's hand full of voice commands (that requires you to have a headset plugged in to your controller at all times) look like a crappy afterthought attempt at me too, which it kind of obviously was.

The PS4 is a buggy mess that, is still crashing mid game nearly 4 months after its release. That's in spite of the system OS and game updates nearly every other week.

The biggest let down for me however was the graphics. All indicators were that the PS4 would blow the xBox One away in terms of graphics performance but that hasn't been the case in any games I've seen. I play a lot of FPS like Battlfield 4 and CoD Ghosts, Titanfall, etc. All of them look just as good or better on the One.

At the end of the day, when all the fanboys put their flags away and people actually do real side-by-side comparisons the truth emerges. The PS4 was a great effort and we're all glad to see Microsoft fighting off an actual contender to its throne, but it just wasn't ready to knock the king off of the throne just yet.

I'm an open minded guy and I get why some just like the PS4, but it's hard to argue that a device (PS4) is actually better than another device (xBox One) that has more features and is more capable than it (PS4) is.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Meh, Both consoles are outdated pieces of shit. Get a PC. way better than both combined. Games are cheaper, better, free online, no waiting for companies to push updates.

4. Hyperion

Hyperion Active Member

Dec 10, 2015
    Get ready for the PC master race comments!

But really though I had a PS4 and Xbox but only my gaming computer lasted long. Mods work better on PCs but your eyes might not get the better end of the deal though. I'm also all in for the Xbox One just because of the kinect camera.

5. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I don't own either but I'm planning on getting a ps4. Although, I kind of agree that at this point xbox has done a lot of catching up with how they failed at launch, and what has made me favor them the most at this point is their announcement of backwards compatibility. If I only had an xbox game collection instead of ps3 I'd definitely just buy Xbox now for that reason alone.