The OatMeal on The Unavailability of Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'ISP Forums' started by GeorgeB, Apr 11, 2014.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    OatMeal-HBOGo.jpg

via TheOatMeal. Follow them on twitter and check em out on Facebook. Just the tip of the iceberg that is their awesomeness.

The Oatmeal really nailed it on why some turn to torrenting. They are spot on about how the cable industry all but makes it impossible for you to watch the shows you want to watch. They cling to the one appealing factor they have left and that's their easy access to content -- but think about it, is it really "easy"?

If you don't have it DVR'ed you essentially have to watch the shows as they air. So how convenient is cable really?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rusky

Rusky Posters

Apr 11, 2014
    I agree. It's essentially a choice between being inconvienced and not being able to watch the shows you want, when you want, but giving back to the people who make it all work, or...being a pirate and having total control over when, where and in what format you watch your shows.

Until cable starts fixing this, I believe that many will stick to the latter.

4. sillylucy

sillylucy Posters

Nov 27, 2013
    Ugh, I hate when this happens. That's why I want to kick my Netflix some times. I don't want to pay for some B and C lister type movies. I want to see some new movies and my favorites. I would be willing to pay $20 a month for a site that had current content.

5. Rusky

Rusky Posters

Apr 11, 2014
    You mean you don't like watching Sharknado? Shame on you!