The Leftovers

Discussion in 'What To Watch' started by Haruka, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I recently just started watching this and I'd recommend it to anyone here who likes HBO dramas. I had trouble getting into it because I felt the acting was a bit amateurish especially in the first few episodes and the story moves at a slower pace than I'd like but it is engaging enough that even with all those faults I still didn't give up on it. For those interested, it's about people left behind after a rapture, and the mystery and despair that they all have to deal with.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    How many episodes did it take for you to decide you liked the show enough to continue watching it?

4. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    About 5, and at forty minutes each I know that sounds like a lot but believe me I tried to turn it off at episode 1 just because I was cringing a little because of some of the lines and the acting but I couldn't because the story was engaging enough to carry me through to episode 5 which I think is a testament to the script. I'm at season 2 now and it has gotten a lot better in my opinion and now I'm hooked. Still, may not be for everyone so don't blame me if you don't like it lol.