Suggestion: Mine Bitcoin for CCF.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Announcements' started by Jory, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jory

Jory Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Dear the great and powerful GeorgeB.

First off, we need mention tags.

Second off, you should have an option that lets us run this in the background, which generates you income through Bitcoin.

http://www.bitcoinplus.com/

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    Jory, great idea. The @mentions tag is something I should be able to get implemented pretty quickly.

As for the bitcoin thing. I'll pass for now. Just interested in getting the site running as smoothly as possible with features everyone wants to see :)

Thanks!

4. Rusky

Rusky Posters

Apr 11, 2014
    That site looks decidely...fishy, and going by what I'm reading about it elsewhere, it wouldn't be worth your time to run it. So yeah, I'm with George on this one, we don't really need this sort of thing on the site, especially if it's going to slow down the updates we really need and want.

5. HitmanActual

HitmanActual Posters

Nov 11, 2012
    No way on earth I'd want that site running in the background on here. Good call George.

6. Rusky

Rusky Posters

Apr 11, 2014
    I feel like I need to scrub my hard drive with steel wool just for having visited it to be honest.

7. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    LOL, I don't think that bitcoin mining would make any money really, as for making a mess here in the site, it could be possible, it would be slower at least for sure and it's working really fine now.

8. Rusky

Rusky Posters

Apr 11, 2014
    Bitcoin mining can make you money, you just need a ridiculous amount of money to invest up front. At this point mining a various number of altcoins is more profitable.

9. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    If you ever manage to cash out and turn it into money you can actually use ;)

10. Sarcgirl

Sarcgirl Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I am going to agree with the majority here. I am going to have to do more research on Bit coins. - - - peace

11. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    Bitcoins are a non-govermental computer based currency. The market fluctuates just likes dollars and yen. The problem with not being government is it is not insured like FDIC banks.

See also : Mount Gox http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox

12. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Sure, bitcoin can make us money if we invest and if we are lucky enough that it values after that. As for mining I think that only with specialized hardware.

13. whofan

whofan Member

Oct 19, 2014
    Memphis TN
    When it first started Bitcoin mining was worth the effort for what you got out from it. Now since everyone and their brother have jumped in for the "free money" it just isn't worth it. I understand what you are wanting, but there would be chance of some lag with a site running in the background and dampen the quality viewers are looking for.