Suggestion: Can We Have The Ability to Edit Our Posts

Discussion in 'Feedback & Announcements' started by olandir, Mar 25, 2015.

1. olandir

olandir Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    I wanted to go back and add an update to my post about SlingTV, I wanted to add it to my initial post as opposed to down the tread, but the edit link is gone (I guess you can only edit for a certain time period).

Given the changing landscape of cord cutting services and how information can add or change really quickly and often, it'd be nice to be able to edit posts at later dates. I'm sure this would come in handy a lot. For example, I know there's a post that someone made on cord cutting tips for newbies, but that information would get stale after a while, being able to keep the starting post updated would probably be beneficial to the person who started it.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ken

Ken Active Member

Mar 14, 2015
    I don't seem to have the inability to edit my posts.

[​IMG]

4. Big Dan

Big Dan What cord? Founding Member

Apr 8, 2014
    New York
    Same here.

5. olandir

Dec 27, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    It seems to happen after some time has passed... go find an old post, something you put up a few weeks ago and see if the edit link is still there. I can't find it on my older post, but I do see it on this one (but it's from Wednesday)

6. Big Dan

Apr 8, 2014
    New York
    It might be a user group thing. I'm a "Foundering Member" (guess I was one of the first people to register) my group may not have a time limit on editing. I still see an edit link on my post from Wednesday above.

7. olandir

Dec 27, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Wait... maybe it has to do with posts that carried over from the old forum software to the new forum softer... go older... try posts from a month or two ago?

8. olandir

Dec 27, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    No strike that, I looked at a post I made from over a week ago and the edit link is gone... maybe 1 week is the cutoff.

9. Big Dan

Apr 8, 2014
    New York
    I'm 99% sure it's a usergroup thing. This board used to run IPB, right?

10. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I just looked and a thread I created a few minutes ago is still available as is one from a week ago. But, I cannot edit my responses.

11. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    Checked other posts and it looks like it is around a week that the edit option goes AWOL.

[​IMG][​IMG]