Suburban Oregon....

Discussion in 'Over The Air (Antenna) TV' started by ackey, Feb 28, 2017.

1. ackey

ackey New Member

Feb 28, 2017
    I am SW of Portland (West Linn) in a bit of a rural valley area. I am 12 miles from my broadcast towers at 326 degrees but I am struggling to dial in a signal.

I initially tried a mohu leaf that showed 20 mile range just hoping I might get lucky. No dice.

So I ordered the RCA Yagi style antenna and mounted it on the roof peak on a 10 foot galvanized rod. I ran 65 feet of RG6 with compression connectors directly from the unit to the TV. With this setup I was able to pick up about 3.5 channels.

This gave me hope that maybe the signal was there, just weak. So i ordered a Winegard LNA 200 Booster. This gave me one additional channel.

Hoping that upgrading the tech I was using might give me a better result I ordered the Clear Stream 4 Outdoor HDTV antenna. Even with the Winegard, this gave no additional channels.

Both these antennas have 60 Mile ranges. I am considering one last attempt to make this work with a 150 mile range antenna (TNB-WA2608). I am fighting being on the south slope of a mountain facing away from the towers.

Will this setup help or am I just SOL in my area ?

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I wish I could help more. Although we receive more channels than you, they are not always 100% clear, and there are a couple I cannot get no matter what. I even went with a 100 mile antenna with no better luck than the 60 mile one I originally had. Sometimes, the strength of the signal and geographical features hurt.

Did you run a TV Fool report?