StreamSmart

Discussion in 'Other' started by bretthuda33, Feb 12, 2016.

1. bretthuda33

bretthuda33 Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Hey just wanted to add in a thread about this company and my experiences with them. When I first found them they seemed completely legit but their interface and setup seems to have had a lot of troubles. I like that you can become a distributer for free but the prices for the boxes are a little high compared to some of the other brands. I do think it is a great idea to cut the cords but I'm definitely going to wait for a user friendly setup that I can just plugin and go. Streamsmart always advertised that but you actually had to setup the database and I hated the sections they provided. Not organized at all!

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I still think the FCC is going to step in and slap down companies being able to do this. If they can stop Aereo, why not this? Personally, I do not plan on ever pursuing something along these lines.

4. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    Cord cutting is a process. There are dozens and dozens of legit options out there. And a dozen times that of illegit options. Let the buyer beware. As an aside, I thought Aereo was a fantastic idea but there was no doubt in my wee mind that it was, at its core, illegit. And the supreme court pretty much verified that. To have said service you have to change all the rules associated with intellectual property.

Now, I've never met the service the OP references but from what I see from a cursory google, it falls in the Ill category.

LeoIrish likes this.
  5. bretthuda33

bretthuda33 Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Yeah I spent a lot of time reading about their liscensing agreements and they would not answer much of the questions put up to them. The supreme court definitely ruled illegitimate especially since they were offering to hack news media and hbo! Glad I stayed away from them and didn't spend any money trying it out.