Still Watching Naruto

Discussion in 'Cord Cutter Chat' started by satishstephens, Nov 2, 2012.

1. satishstephens

satishstephens Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Hey there Cordcutters. I have been posting around on the website for more than an hour now and it sure is a great website.
    I was reading the Naruto Shippuden Manga and was wondering if you guys still watch Naruto after the high amount of filler infestation. I agree that the story is not moving forward at all. Are you still sticking with the show that you once loved?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thenextGeek

thenextGeek Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 1, 2012
    This is exactly the reason why I decided to take a break from watching Naruto Shippuden. The amount of filler episodes after the Pain-Naruto arc are just too much for me to handle in one sitting that's why I'm waiting for them to release newer episodes. However, I guess I now have to return watching it because they already released a bunch of new episodes.

I will always stick with Naruto Shippuden because it has been the first anime that I loved ever since I was a kid. The amount of memories that I've had with this anime is too much for me to give up on it.

4. satishstephens

satishstephens Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Yeah man. That is the exactly same reason I will be staying on. I am speed reading the free scanned manga which is available on the internet these days. It is hard to read them but still. the love of your life does make you blind doesn't it.

5. Ralexa

Ralexa Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    My son watches Naruto, and he sometimes talks about how it is now, as opposed to how it used to be. It sounds like Greek to me, although I've watched the show many times (several years ago) with him. Naruto used to pop up in the Shonen Jump magazines (my son told me awhile ago that Shonen Jump is no longer sold in magazine form), and my son would talk about...I think he said, how Naruto is really commercialized now, or something like that. As far as how it has changed, I'm unfamiliar with that.

I suppose I understand why people are disappointed with it, even though I may not understand it as it pertains to Naruto specifically. Anyone care to explain?? I would ask my son, but he is doing his homework right now. That's okay, I will ask him later to explain it to me.

I guess it is kind of like how I like a soap opera called Young and the Restless. When the powers-that-be make changes in the show that I don't like (which is often), I get upset about it. I continue to watch the show, but I'm still upset.

6. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 5, 2012
    I remember back when Naruto first came out and it was the hot thing in anime. But the problem is that it's slowly becoming like Bleach. As in having way too much filler and too little canon. As a result, Bleach in anime form has stopped.

That can very well be Naruto's fate soon as well. They need to stop needlessly extending this shinobi war thing and just come to some sort of conclusion with Sasuke.

7. BigBigFan

BigBigFan Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Naruto had it's run and, unfortunately, nobody has picked up that ball and run with it on new ideas that work. It was a great story but everyone is ready for the next chapter, or a new story, yet they keep rehashing the same themes. I feel like they've gone back to the pot one too many times and should move on, I have. It was a great run though.

8. Mommyjoyce

Mommyjoyce Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    My three sons are aged 21, 25 and 26, but they are still addicted to it. I asked them just now why they like it still. They just say there are so many stories there, side stories of the characters, the super villains, etc. They are still caugt in the web. Still enjoying the flow.

I guess some things just don't lose their spark with some people - my kids included. ^__^

9. mickey4533

mickey4533 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I've watched some of the Naruto episodes but I honestly prefer reading the manga more. It leaves more to the imagination. However, yeah I agree, they're really dragging out the story too long. I feel like the perfect time to end it would be when Naruto defeated Pain and saved the village.

10. Harvey

Harvey Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    Ahh, Naruto. I remember watching the first season religiously without missing an episode. But now, the series has ballooned into showing a bajillion episodes! It's starting to get ridiculous. I no longer feel the urge to watch any of the episodes because I feel like the authors are trying to make the series a lot longer than it's supposed to be. This results in a lot of unnecessary episodes. I still watch once in a while but I don't mind if I miss an episode.