Sling TV rolls out new Roku app with resigned interface.....Is it enough?

Discussion in 'Sling TV' started by Lost in Delaware, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Lost in Delaware

Lost in Delaware Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2016
    So.....after the fiasco the other day with Copa, Sling TV has rolled out a completely new interface and user experience on Roku.

Now you have a My TV section that enables you to:
    1) Create a quick access favorite channels list
    2) Create a quick access favorite movie/shows list
    3) Resume watching a program that you started but didn't finish

Playing now scrolls down and breaks it into categories

The Guide menu seems to work smoother.

Whether or not this fixes the BIGGEST and most important issue with Sling TV, the buffering, remains to be seen.

If, like me, you had canceled your service already and merely were biding time til the sub ran out, is this going to pique your curiosity enough to stay an extra month?

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    The ability to resume watching a program from where you left off is HUGE for me. This is something that Vue is SORELY missing. One thing about Sling TV, they have better OD than Vue, which is a big plus especially considering the DVR on Vue is skipping the last 2-3 mins of every show right now (widespread. all formats).

DustnBones001 likes this.
  4. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    http://blog.sling.com/announcements/updated-sling-tv-ui-rolls-to-roku/

Updated Sling TV UI rolls to Roku
    Jun 28, 2016 by Sling Staff

[​IMG]

Attention Roku users: your Sling TV user interface (UI) is about to get a major facelift! Our new UI makes the Sling TV experience more personalized, which means getting to the programs you love is easier than ever before. The new UI will be live on Roku players and TVs starting today.

Below are some of the biggest updates you will soon find in the new Sling TV UI on Roku:

My TV – My TV is your new home screen. From this view, you can select your favorite networks to populate “My Channels” in the top ribbon for one-click access to the channels you watch most, You’ll also be able to pick up a show right where you left off with the “Continue Watching” ribbon, and within the “Favorites” ribbon, you can add your most-watched shows, series and movies.

[​IMG]

On Now – The On Now view is curated based on what’s currently airing and is organized by categories like sports, lifestyle and action, for easy navigation. This means you can navigate live content by genre instead of scrolling channel by channel.

[​IMG]

Sports (coming soon) – Whether you want to watch baseball, basketball, lacrosse, football, hockey, soccer or cricket, you will be able to view programs by sport, schedule or what’s on now.

[​IMG]

Aside from these changes, we kept some of your favorite features, like the Guide, where you can find all of your live and on-demand content in one place. Currently, the new UI is live on Apple TV and will be rolling out to the rest of our Sling TV-supported devices throughout the year.

To share a suggestion about the new UI on Roku players, email us at rokufeedback@sling.com. To learn more about the new Sling TV UI on Roku, customers can visit help.sling.com.

To keep up with the latest announcements, bookmark this blog, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter (@Sling)!

Sling TV Staff
    #TakeBackTV

5. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    The one person I know who subscribes to Sling TV really loves it. I have played with it while at their house, and it does seem to be fairly nice. I might subscribe during the college football season. Outside of that, I am happy to wait for the shows I am interested in to show up on the services I subscribe to.

Lost in Delaware likes this.
  6. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    I wind up usually just buying the tv shows I want on Vudu. I tend to take a loooong time to watch stuff, so it works better that way for me than a dvr

DustnBones001 likes this.