Sling TV losing me as a customer

Discussion in 'Sling TV' started by Lost in Delaware, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Lost in Delaware

Lost in Delaware Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I have been a paying Sling TV customer for 3 mos now. Started off as HUGE fan, absolutely loved it.

But over the last 3 weeks I have been having more and more issues with buffering, or screen going black and never recovering, or being kicked back out to Roku home page.

Plus, the new channels they have been adding are garbage in my opinion. In fact, I have gotten to the point where about 65-70% of their channels no longer interest me. This is one of the reasons I canceled Comcast, yet Sling TV is doing the same thing now.

It's a shame, I love the interface..and I love having El Rey....but just too many negatives anymore.

In 6 days my subscription will be up for renewal.....and I will let it lapse.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Double D

Double D Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2016
    They add garbage channels but keep the price the same. The buffering can be annoying at times so I hear you. Besides PlayStation vue, which I hear has similar issues, what else is available to replace sling?

4. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

Yeah, it's not just about the money. Having so many junk channels, the way they do their interface, and without a way of prioritizing or selecting favorites means you constantly have to scroll through them.

As for alternatives, since I won't be renewing Vue either?

Well, since cutting cable I have tried paid subs for History Vault, ConTV, CBS All Access, Hulu, Sling TV, Vue once on ps3 and once with it on Roku.

I think the end result will be me doing this
    :

Hulu no commercial version
    Netflix (already had this when I had cable too)

And then whenever a tv series comes on that I like, just buying the season pass from Vudu. I was already doing that when I cut cable last time, as I bought The Librarians, Walking Dead, and Z Nation. Getting the episode the morning after it aired was not bad, especially without commercials.

I also recently did Superstore, Killjoys, and Barely Famous. I am currently doing Wrecked that way.

It's not a bad alternative.

When football and hockey season roll around I will probably give Vue a look again.

5. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    I have to admit, the new Sling TV app and the Windows app has me re-thinking some stuff. If only they had the buffering issue fixed and had local stations.