Should I - or Should I Not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by LeoIrish, Sep 4, 2016.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I have been going back and forth the last couple of months if I would / should subscribe to PlayStation Vue so I can watch the college football season (gotta have BTN!). I want to watch the games, but I also do not want to spend the money.

So, I was at my Mom's helping her with some things recently, and she asked how cutting the cord was going (she looked into doing it - but decide against). I casually mentioned my dilemma regarding college football. She went into the house – and we she came back out – she handed me a piece of paper with her username & password for TWC. She said since they pay for sports as part of cable, but never watch it, someone should get some use out of it.

Should I feel guilty about using the login info? Should I make use of it – or say no thanks? Thoughts?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Double D

Double D Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Never feel guilty. TWC makes enough money. The WatchEspn app sometimes knows if u are legit though.

4. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    Full disclosure, I did use the login yesterday for sports, and have to say everything worked very well. I am still a bit conflicted, but I do not think enough to not use it again.

5. Double D

Double D Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2016
    a lot of people do it. The app is awesome. I just wouldn't broadcast it lol. Maybe this will make the cable companies figure out a better system that doesnt rape its customers. I'm more than willing to pay for ESPN right now but I'd have to add the Orange package to my existing Blue package in Sling. That would cost $15 per month. $15 per month for ESPN! And I'd lose my multi stream capabilities! No way! So now that I'm done with my rant, I'll end by saying that it's your cable company and ESPN's fault for not making things realistically available to you.

6. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    Getting WatchESPN is nice, but the ability to add Fox Sports Go, and BTN, is really nice. I will most likely keep using it for the near future.

Double D likes this.
  7. WanabeFree

WanabeFree Active Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I would not feel too guilty about using your parents login. Like your mom said they don't get much use out of it and as long as the cable industry has no problem bending over there customers its sort of equal pay back in my book.

I personally did the same thing for awhile while I was sorting things out as to what services I really wanted and was willing to pay for. I ended up subbing to PSVue Basic package for $29.95 a month because I can now get good OTA reception I feel its a pretty good deal for now but if or when they add Locals and raise the price by $10.00 I will have to re-evaluate my decision. I also have Netflix. Amazon Prime & Hulu but will probably drop Hulu since PSVue has On Demand Locals and My OTA is covered with a Tivo Basic DVR. I like sports during Football season too so its nice to have at least some choices that PSVue offers.

LeoIrish likes this.