Roku new releases

Discussion in 'Roku' started by mevsthor, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mevsthor

mevsthor Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Hey everyone! Roku recently released some new titles and I'd like to share some of them with you, incase you haven't heard. Some of the titles sound really good and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out, so I'll list them below with a quick description.

• Despicable Me 2 – Gru, his adorable girls, and the Minions are back in this comedy blockbuster where this super-dad finds himself balancing fatherhood with his secret agent role in the Anti-Villain League.
    • Elysium – Starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, this story takes place in the year 2154, where two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth.
    • The Sword in the Stone – A humble young squire named Wart allies himself with the powerful magician Merlin and discovers his destiny. No one would have guessed that a sword trapped in a churchyard stone would transform Wart into the legendary King Arthur.
    • Jobs – Ashton Kutcher is Steve Jobs, the iconic Apple innovator and groundbreaking entrepreneur, in this epic story of how one man blazed a trail that changed technology – and the world – forever.
    • The Burning Plain – Charlize Theron plays a depressed, sex-obsessed restaurant manager in this moody, fragmented drama — screenwriter Guillermo Arriaga’s directorial debut — that weaves together four seemingly unrelated stories separated by time and space.
    • I Am Love – Family dissension, unbidden desire and other tensions bubble to the surface during a patriarch’s birthday party. When the seemingly picture-perfect Recchi clan gathers to celebrate the man, the veneer of civility quickly falls away.
    • Fragments – Starring Kate Beckinsale, Dakota Fanning, Guy Pearce and Forest Whitaker, a group of strangers form a unique relationship with each other after surviving a random shooting at a Los Angeles diner.
    • The Lazarus Project – A harrowing and frightening thriller about a man who has everything he’s ever loved stripped away from him and the obstacles he must face to earn his life and family back.
    • 2 Guns – Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg lead an all-star cast in this explosive action hit about their failed attempts to take down a drug cartel and their run for survival.
    • The Iceman – This thriller based on a true story follows Richard Kuklinski, who killed more than 100 people for the mob — and his own pleasure — between 1964 and 1986. Despite his prolific violence, Kuklinski was a devoted husband and father of two daughters.

Which ones are you excited about? I don't really go to the movies much so I haven't gotten to see Jobs yet. I've heard that it isn't too good but I am willing to spend some time watching it. I'm also pretty excited to watch the Iceman, I read the book and really liked it, so I'm interested in what they did with the movie.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tank

Tank Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I cannot wait to see Despicable Me 2! And I LOOOOVE The Sword in the Stone. I am wondering if this justifies getting a Roku. I know it doesn't, but I have been thinking of getting one anyways. I want to hear some peoples opinion of it, it seems most of my friends like it, but I want to hear from more technical minded people. Anyone have an opinion to offer or a better suggestion? :huh:

4. HitmanActual

HitmanActual Posters

Nov 11, 2012
    Just want to point out that these are not Roku releases and it looks like you just did a roku related Google search or looked at the roku blog and copy/pasted from this page.

These releases are on netflix and amazon prime, which you can get on most any streaming device these days. Not just Roku.

5. thomaspendrake

thomaspendrake Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 17, 2013
    florida
    I currently have over 150 channels on my roku. HitmanActual got it right. Roku has the best assortment of channels of any streaming device. My son gets about 6 channels on his Play station.