Rear wireless speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by kcut, Apr 14, 2014.

1. kcut

kcut Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    The problem with surround sound is that you need to put speakers everywhere, including two at the back. This means trailing horrible cables from the main controller at the front, all the way to the back. If only there was a way to 'cut the cords' :D

There is an option to have wireless speakers for the rear ones, but some say that it suffers from interference. This can ruin your surround sound experience as you don't want cackly audio from your uber entertainment setup.

Anyone tried wireless rear speakers?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I haven't tried those wireless rear speakers and you do make a good point, it's awfully messy to have cables spread all over the room. So, unless you make a good investment in passing those cables properly I think that the wireless speakers would be a neat solution.

I've seen these Rocketfish ones that seem pretty neat. ;)

4. Rusky

Rusky Posters

Apr 11, 2014
    My uncle just had the rather smart idea of hiding it behind the skirting board. He made them larger than normal, and hollowed out part of them, and then ran the cables behind it. You can only see where it enters and exists, and it's all cleaned away.