PS4 vs xBox One For streaming Media Entertainment.

Discussion in 'Gaming Consoles' started by HitmanActual, Nov 15, 2013.

1. HitmanActual

HitmanActual Posters

Nov 11, 2012
    So I was looking at this thread and thought it might be time to update the debate to the latest versions of each console.

So what do you think? It seems last time the consensus was that the PS3 wins but now that MS has designed the xBox one to be a family entertainment system just as much as a gaming console, has that changed your mind?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    I won't be picking up my PS4 until after Thanksgiving. Most likely Cyber Monday. I personally am not falling for the xbox one future of family entertainment crap. They are neglecting the fact that all that's gonna do is lead to living room battles over whether or not it's gaming time or TV time.

I have a Roku and a WDTV Live Hub for all my streaming TV needs.

Haruka likes this.
  4. Harvey

Harvey Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I like the PS4 because it's more of a gaming device as compared to it's main competitor - the Xbox One. But, when it comes to watching movies, or TV shows or any other things aside from playing video games, I'd definitely pick the Xbox One. It was designed by Microsoft to be the be all, end all of living room entertainment. So for streaming media entertainment, I'd definitely pick the Xbox One.

5. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I agree with GeorgeB. The Xbox One features are certainly attractive, but I think the new PS features are a little more practical. For one thing, you can stream games from your PS4 to a PS Vita for when other people want to use the TV. Not only that, but a PS VIta TV may also come out in the near future (already released in Japan) which enables PS4 owners to stream their game onto another TV in another room which in turn then eliminates the need to move the console itself. In my opinion, those features are a little more handy than just being able to use voice commands.

[​IMG]

6. smlewis00

smlewis00 Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 7, 2014
    I received an xbox one for Christmas. I really like it because it offers many free workout videos from P90X, The Biggest Loser, Beach Body and Jillian Michaels. It can track how many calories I have burned. It can also tell me what I need to do by critiquing me. It tells me to jump higher, or move my legs more. The xbox one is very beneficial to me because of the workouts it offers. In addition to being able to keep up with my workouts, I am able to play video games and watch movies on it. I really have enjoyed it!

7. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    MXbox One was never designed with cordcutters in mind. From the first press conference it was made clear you needed an existing cable box to get XBone's tv integration.
    Atleast Sony is patching in the same media center capabilities the PS3 had into PS4