PS3 or XBox

Discussion in 'Gaming Consoles' started by satishstephens, Nov 2, 2012.

1. satishstephens

satishstephens Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I know, I know this topic is really old and pale. But every gaming forum needs a PS3 or Xbox discussion and here I am starting the thread from scratch. So guys, which console do you prefer? Which one is the bang for the buck and whose controller is better? For me it is the XBox though it has started to give me some probles recently. I find the graphic rendition on the XBox is far better. I would like to know your thoughts.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. thenextGeek

thenextGeek Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 1, 2012
    When it comes to the games I like then I would definitely choose the PS3 over the Xbox 360 anytime of the day. It's because I've been a playstation homeboy ever since I was a little kid and I grew up playing RPG games such as Legend of Legaia, Chrono Cross, and the Final Fantasy Series and these games are exclusive to the playstation brand. However, I wouldn't mind playing an hour or two of HALO as well.

To answer your question, I think that it all boils down to costumer preference. Nothing more, nothing less.

4. satishstephens

Nov 2, 2012
    But what do you think will be the result if a customer is provided with both the consoles and the best games that each console has on their platter? If you were schooled on both the PS3 and XBox at the same time would your choices have been biased? What about graphic rendition?

5. thenextGeek

thenextGeek Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 1, 2012
    I still have to go with the PS3 because like I said, the games that are available on the PS3 are much better for me. I'm more of like an RPG person and we all know that the best RPGs of all time came from the playstation console. Regarding about the graphic rendition, I think that both console provide state-of-the-art graphics that will totally blow a player's mind. We can't really compare the two when it comes to graphics because they are kind of tied on this one.

6. EvoDoom

EvoDoom Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I myself prefer Xbox for everything other than the yearly subscription, lack of blu-ray, and SLIGHTLY less pristine graphics. Despite these three small setbacks, Xbox is still the superior console in my opinion... and PC blows them both away hehe! ;P

7. hdm210

hdm210 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I own a PS3, and I find it to be much superior than the Xbox360. First of all, it has games that suit my preference. The first that comes to mind is Little Big Planet, but there are many games specific to the PS3 that I find much more fun than the Xbox360 specific games. Next, the graphics. The PS3 has only slightly better graphics, but still noticeable. The controllers are completely preferential, but after more use of the PS3 controllers, I find them easier. I have to say I enjoyed the Xbox360 controllers more at first use though. The main reason I like the PS3 more is the free online. The console itself is slightly more expensive, but if you plan on playing online with the Xbox360, you will soon have spent more money on the Xbox360 than if you had bought a PS3. One good thing about Xbox360 is how many people play it. You just find more people who own an Xbox than a Playstation, which makes playing with real life friends annoying with a PS3. When it gets right down to it, the console that is better for you depends on your gaming style and your budget.

8. satishstephens

Nov 2, 2012
    I totally agree with you. But I use my console to play games that are mainly released for them alone and not on the PC platform. And yes I have felt the need for BluRay like you have. It is a wanted feature I must say.
    I really like your post hdm210. You did give a detailed outline of all your preferences. Your reply made me question the power of my Xbox. Kudos to a healthy discussion.

9. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    As an owner of 2 xboxes that I use primarily for streaming content, I have to say, I kind of wish I'd gotten a PS3.

From what I've seen in my research, the PS3 just renders graphics better and you don't have to PAY to access content you already paid for or should be getting for free.

xBox Live Gold is a rip-off. You're supposed to pay for extra things that add value to your experience. Microsoft purposely cripples their product and makes you pay for XBL Gold to use virtually anything that requires an internet connection.

10. s3james

s3james Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 4, 2012
    I always prefer PS3 cause i can also play PSP games on PS3.

11. YamiPrem

YamiPrem Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    For watching movies, PS3 wins is a beast. 360 was made to serve the gaming audience. The PS3 for entertainment purposes. PS3 was meant to be an all-round home theater hub. :D

Plus, me love me some Blu-Ray! :p

And yeah, got 360 too.

12. BigBigFan

BigBigFan Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I prefer xbox but I share that sentiment. I do love to watch my netflix movies on my 360 and you can find me in Halo or CoD multi-player matches quite often but since I have to pay for internet service already it feels redundant to be paying an online fee for a system that is using the internet service I already paid for.

I feel like I'm paying for internet service twice, three times even since I have to pay for netflix too.

13. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 5, 2012
    I have both, but my vote goes in favor of the Playstation 3. They have a better mixture of games catered to my personal liking. And yes, I have Playstation Plus.

And then there is the fact I got tired of paying Microsoft to do things I can do on my computer or PS3 anyway.

14. Duderino

Duderino Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 19, 2012
  15. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 5, 2012

Everything in this comment here is extremely true. The problem is however that even with Live being a rip off, they have the mind of society in their grasp. They have people believing it's "better because you pay for it". Even when 90% of what they are making you pay for can be done in multiple other places and sources free of charge.

16. mevsthor

mevsthor Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I have always been an xbox guy. However, a will no longer purchase xbox because of the xbox one.

17. mevsthor

mevsthor Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 12, 2013
    What is it that you like about the PS3 for streaming content? I've only ever used an Xbox but I am planning to make the switch to a PS3, how are the graphics? If you've streamed content on an xbox how do they compare? I play a lot of video games but also stream a lot of content and I'm looking for a solid all around console to replace the Xbox.

18. TheSmallBones

TheSmallBones Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I'd have to say PS3. The reason being is if you use and Xbox then you have to pay an extra $5 a month just to access the services. With PS3 it's free!

19. Coinsbee

Coinsbee Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 26, 2013
    In terms of media playback, I don't think either of them (or the next gen versions) are that good. The PS3/4 probably wins though, just for the simple fact that you don't need monthly fees to access THIRD PARTY services not affiliated with the console manufacturer in any way. Seriously, what's up with that? I'm looking at you, Microsoft.

20. charahome

charahome Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    In my household and that of my kids, the XBOX 360 with Kinnect is the preferred. The graphics are intense, the controller works great, it has so many more peripherals available, and the games availability is extensive. When given te choice to my daughter a year ago, for a new console, she could not tell me enough times that she wanted the XBOX 360 with Kinnect.

21. lovemwaf

lovemwaf Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I have always been a playstation man and i think that it would be really hard to convert me into one that loves xbox. the controller is really weird and i think that it is not so great and convenient. So adapting is an issue for me.