Outdoor Projection

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by sillylucy, Nov 27, 2013.

1. sillylucy

sillylucy Posters

Nov 27, 2013
    I am thinking of buying a projector to play movies outdoor in my backyard. I want it to have a sort of drive in movie feel. I can project on the side of my house and my neighbors would be cool with my loud sound system. I am looking to spend under $500 for a projector. Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lovemwaf

lovemwaf Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I would recommend that you go with sony. I think that they have a really good range of projectors that are of a high standard and will give you great depth and your projector will really look great on the wall. There are a whole lot of various ones that you could find on amazon and so do check it out and see if there is one that suits and meets your expectations.

4. MegaZero

MegaZero Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I am also interested in getting a projector but I just don't know which one to get. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to private message or just post here so that all of us can see. I really want one so that I can put it in the basement and enjoy it with my girlfriend.

5. rgiova20

rgiova20 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 29, 2013
    In my opinion if you don't put down around $1000 then you won't get the full experience that a projector can provide. Also are you getting a separate sound system or relying on the projectors speakers? Have you included the price of bulbs in your budget? That's a continuous cost that you have to consider.

This is a big project and should be considered one.

http://www.theprojectorpros.com/learn-s-learn-p-theater_picking_projector.htm

Here's a link that might help you. I hope it does.

6. dieselfit

dieselfit Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    500 bucks won't get you very far in terms of experience. You'll feel a huge difference if you spend at least a grand unless you buy a projecter used for 500. Check out that link Rgiova has posted for you. I would go with Sony as they make quality products.

7. courageoflions

courageoflions Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Sony projectors all the way, Try to avoid low-budget projectors if you can. I know the price-line is tempting, but you get what you pay for in the projector market and 500 dollars won't get you much.

8. charahome

charahome Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    As the others, I have to go with Sony also, they have good quality, provide reliability, and have been in the Projection market for a very long time.
    If you can only spend 500.00 you may need to purchase one that is for resale. It will be hard to find good quality at new price for that amount.

9. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Above the $500 pricepoint is the area where 1080p projectors start out-doing their double the cost 70" TV's. Many of these projectors were far more expensive less then a year ago and some can even be found refurbished/used for less. Make sure to check replacement bulb prices as it can vary wildly per unit. Once you know your budget it is easier to narrow down the search and start nit-picking features and more in-depth reviews

10. lovemwaf

lovemwaf Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I think that the best thing for you to do is go to an electronics shop and get to see and try out different projectors. You will be able to see the quality difference for yourself and be able to make the choices and decisions that would come best from your own experince and be able to work with your budget.