OTA Broadcasting

Discussion in 'Over The Air (Antenna) TV' started by PacketCove, Apr 8, 2017.

1. PacketCove

PacketCove New Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Hi, I am in the process of starting my own ISP for a small town. I started to wonder if it were possible to broadcast channels OTA and charge people for such channels. I would be trying to broadcast channels like regular cable providers do. I would program a database to keep serial numbers in that would only allow those added onto being able to watch my broadcasts. Now I was wondering what issues/regulations are for charging for OTA.

I have experience working in the ISP industry and Servers and also program. I have to knowledgeand or help to build a Headend to do so.

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Wow - no real idea. But, my understanding is you would have to have a license to rebroadcast / have agreements to do so?

4. PacketCove

PacketCove New Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Yes I can get all the license for that and even a discount from the company that I work for now. I just don't know the regulations on charging people for OTA channels. But I haven't ever heard of anyone doing such a thing. But would be way better than people paying $160/m for TV via sattilite and than another 75 for internet.

5. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Interesting - and I would love to know what you find out.