New to the forum but not to cord cutting.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ant1thomas, Apr 2, 2016.

1. ant1thomas

ant1thomas New Member

Apr 2, 2016
    I was a Verizon Fios customer for almost two years. After I found out about Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV sticks I purchased two of them and played around to see what they were all about. After a month or two I cut my cable completely and got a total of 3 TV sticks and one Amazon fire TV box and haven't looked back since. Today I took it a step farther and got rid of my Verizon router and installed my own dual band router. My goal is to run the Fire TVs on 5g and all other devices on 2.4 in hopes of getting zero buffering when streaming. I've been using Google and Youtube but am looking forward to more help and advice from this forum!

DustnBones001 and LeoIrish like this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Welcome to the group! Glad to hear not only have you cut the cord, you own your own equipment versus renting from the ISP. I have owned my own modem & router for years - and it has saved me a ton.

4. F1Guy

F1Guy New Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Sorry, but all of your efforts are soon going to be for nothing. ISP's are beginning to enforce download limits on their internet only packages. They are specifically doing this to limit cord cutters who are doing a lot of streaming instead of paying for TV packages. If they haven't already, soon all ISP's will be charging you 'fines' for going over... thus putting the cord cutter out of business. My ISP limits to 300gb per month. (downloads+uploads) I've monitored all my roku and browsing traffic for 12 months and EVERY month I go over by several times JUST streaming content. There is a reason that the FTC should never have allowed internet providers to also sell programming. You either own the pipe or the content, but not both!