Mohu Leaf Ultimate

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by cobywill, Mar 7, 2014.

1. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
    When I purchased my new TV I figured I'd pick up a new antenna and just keep the old one with the other TV.

I gave into the hype and purchased the Mohu Leaf Ultimate (Walmart $70). This is one of the most popular OTA antennas out there I believe due to its form factor. I've had it in the box for a few days and finally played with it today. The new TV was running off the old RCA 122R.

Inside the box was the antenna, a very high quality coax cable, the amplifier, a dual option cable for either USB power or wall outlet for the amplifier, 4 pins to mount it to the wall 2 white 2 black depending on which side of the antenna would face out, and some hook and loop fasteners. Everything was very simple to hook up.

I didn't do a channel scan once the Leaf was hooked up so I could see how it compared. Unfortunately, the Leaf is going back to the store. I tried both with and without the amplifier and 4 channels I picked up with the 122R couldn't be found with the Leaf even when I tried changing it's location (it's omni-directional.) Several channels, which I usually get crystal clear, showed signal degradation and pixelation. When you only get 22 channels missing out on 4 is kind of a big deal.

Needless to say I neatly packed everything back in the box. I know antennas get a wide variety of results in different situations but this time I personally wasn't impressed with the Leaf.

Coby

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    I thought it's a great little antenna... :unsure: I don't get anywhere near the claimed range but it sure beats the heck out of rabbit ears...

4. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Sorry. Accidental double post.