Local News Now Streaming on Your Roku!

Discussion in 'Roku' started by LeoIrish, Nov 13, 2015.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pascual

Pascual Roku private channel seller

Nov 9, 2015
    Hammond, Indiana
    The channel streams clips from local news channels across the country. There is an option to select the region you want the news from and then the local news channels from that area appear.

In my case Chicago only had news from ABC, but Arkansas had clips from abc, fox, and NBC. I guess not all the areas get the same channels.

The navigation was really slow and it froze a couple of times.

The quality was not HD but it wasn't blurry, so it was something in the midle.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Pascual

Pascual Roku private channel seller

Nov 9, 2015
    Hammond, Indiana
    Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Kerrifl

Kerrifl New Member

Nov 15, 2015
    This is very interesting news to me. I had no clue that the roku (which I have) has added a channel for local news. I will have to add that to my channels soon and check it out. I usually get my news online but often times I just don't even check local news because I'm not able to check it from one of my most used sites.

It seems like it might be a little lacking now from what Pascual said, but hopefully it will get better with time, like most things do. I'm sure they'll have more stations to add and better quality once it's been in use more, at least I hope so.

I'll be trying this channel out soon and I'll make sure to post back with any information I have to add.

LeoIrish likes this.
  6. ChristianAnthony

ChristianAnthony Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Maybe my internet was struggling a little bit, but the quality of the video wasn't that great. I'll try it late at night sometime and see if it improves.

7. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    South Central USA
    I don't have a roku yet, and haven't cut the cable either, but it's looming in the future, and having the ability to stream the local news on the roku is very appealing to me, particularly if I do entirely cut the cable and have to deal with antenna issues that I had in the past, with difficulty picking up some channels and other freezing.