Is there a fix for poor video quality on Sling TV?

Discussion in 'Sling TV' started by Corners, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Corners

Corners New Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Hello,

I'm looking for help and can't seem to find it yet. I just subscribed to 3 months of Sling TV service. I signed up for 3 months because that got me a "free" Roku 2 (which I wanted another Roku for the basement TV), and to get access to TBS so I could watch the final 4 of the NCAA basketball tournament later this month.

The problem I'm having is the video quality is very poor. The kids were trying to watch the Disney Channel, and the video feed was so bad and pixelated that you couldn't even read the Disney Channel logo at the bottom of the screen. I'm running a HTPC with Windows 7, and I have a hard wired Ethernet connection the my Google Fiber router. I just checked the connection speed and I'm getting over 900 mb/s up and down. I checked the settings in the Sling TV program, and the connection is set to "best". I don't know what else I can do on my end.

Is this a known problem? Is there anything that can be done? Or, do I just take my Roku 2 and say thanks for the memories and walk away?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Shome

Shome New Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I think the old Roku 2's are a little underpowered for Sling. I have had freezes, roku reboots and a little pixilation with 720p reception on an older roku 2. I would recommend a roku 3 or 4. You can also try limiting the output to 480i in the roku settings.