I'm confused with the PS Vita TV

Discussion in 'Gaming Consoles' started by Harvey, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Harvey

Harvey Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I'm confused at what the PS Vita TV is. I thought that it was a handheld console that would allow a cable TV viewing. Lol.

But it turns out, it is just something that would permit people to play PS Vita games on the TV? Can still be used to browse the web and stream videos online? What are the advantages of owning such a console?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I'm not that knowledgeable on this gadget as I've never owned one, but ever since it's release I've been considerably interested in it and thus have looked it up quite a bit. From what I know, the main advantages of it is firstly the one you mentioned wherein you could play Vita games on TV, but a secondary function is also that you can use it to play PS4 games in any other room without having to move the whole console and having to reconnect it to any TV you want to play in. As far as web browsing goes, I'm not entirely sure, but if Sony didn't include this feature in this device in this day and age, then shame on them. I'm personally hoping to get one once it's released internationally.

4. sillylucy

sillylucy Posters

Nov 27, 2013
    Does anyone on the forum have a PS Vita TV? I don't need a fancy TV. I just need something simple so I can plug in my Xbox 360 and stream some apps on it.