IAMflix

Discussion in 'Apps & Channels' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Millinocket, Maine
    Given the large number of movies that I watch, since I work from home and am streaming movies at least ten hours a day, I sometimes run out of things that I want to watch on Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime, so I just signed up with IAMflix.

There is a cost, however, with monthly or yearly options, with or without advertising, as well as pay-per-view. I chose the annual plan, without ads, which cost somewhere south of a hundred dollars, with one month free. By the end of the year, I will be able to see whether they add new stuff often enough for me to renew it, and that is not something that I can vouch for now.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Millinocket, Maine
    Now that I have been using IAMflix for a couple of days, I thought I would update my experience. It is more overtly Christian than I thought at first, but that doesn't bother me. There is also quite a bit of patriotic programming, and the Christian-patriot mix that sometimes drives me nuts, although the David Barton series is good. There's quite a lot of good, quality programming.

One problem that I'm having is one that I hope turns out to be a temporary glitch. While I have a decent connection, and no trouble streaming from Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon.com, or Google Plays, I have come across several shows that I have been unable to play. It's not that it keeps buffering, as sometimes occurs with a slow connection, but it simply jumps back to the start screen, where I have to press "play" again. When it does that, it seems to do it constantly, meaning that most of its shows I have been able to watch without interruption, but there are others that will do that every time, giving me the impression that the problem is with the show, rather than the connection.

Another thing that I've come across twice now is pixelating, which was particularly frustrating with one show that I was able to watch three-quarters of the way through, then it would pixelate no matter how many times I tried. I tried it again the next day, and the same thing happened. Lastly, one of the shows that I watched had an audio-visual conflict, where the voice was behind the picture.

There you have it. These things may not continue but if I hadn't opted to pay for a year, I would probably cancel at this point. Perhaps I still could, as it does come with one month free. I don't know; if it worked right, it would be a nice supplement to the other channels that I have.