How many of the media services do you pay for on your game system?

Discussion in 'Gaming Consoles' started by crossunitedfate, Nov 5, 2012.

1. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfate Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Game systems have evolved a great deal over the course of the last 10 years. What was once simply a device strictly designed for video games has become pretty much an all purpose media machine.

And as with most media machines these days, they have various applications that can be used on them. Unfortunately, not all of them are free. I myself pay for 3 of the services. Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Crunchyroll.

Do you pay for media services on your game system?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. hdm210

hdm210 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 2, 2012
    I just do Netflix, I've been thinking about Hulu Plus and Playstation Plus though.

4. crossunitedfate

Nov 5, 2012
    Well, Playstation Plus isn't a media service, it's a content service. I have it (as well as Hulu Plus) so I can vouch for the quality of both. I must say this now though, Hulu Plus still has commercials.

5. HitmanActual

HitmanActual Posters

Nov 11, 2012
    which is completely absurd.

I have an xBox and use it to stream entertainment media. So, basically I'm triple paying for access to the content. I pay for:

1) Internet Access
    2) xBox Live
    3) Hulu Plus

Then you want me to watch commercials??? GTFO!!

6. crossunitedfate

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah, I'm not too fond of Hulu Plus with the ads even WITH paying as well. But I'm equally annoyed at how Microsoft makes you pay for these things you already pay for just to access them on their system. But since people don't take a stand, they'll keep getting away with it.

7. mevsthor

mevsthor Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Currently I just do Netflix on my Wii. I have done Hulu plus in the past but was not satisfied.

8. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    On my xboxes? Just Netflix and Amazon instant video.

9. charahome

charahome Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    We have an XBOX 360 and a Wii and we use then to stream both Netflix and Hulu. Both systems provide excellent streaming.
    The Wii is so simple that my 4 year old grandson knows his way around it.

10. sillylucy

sillylucy Posters

Nov 27, 2013
    I have an Xbox 360 and pay $10 a month for Xbox Live and another $10 a month of Netflix. That is $20 a month total and it is still cheaper than getting cable. I also thought about getting Hulu, but watch Crackle on Xbox live instead.