Horror / Thriller Movies Discussion & Recommendation

Discussion in 'What To Watch' started by Haruka, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I love horror movies but mostly only the kind that relies more on mystery and tone rather than just slashers chasing people, cheap jump scares, or just general gorefests. Fortunately, I've come across a few good ones that fit my taste recently and even though I don't feel as scared as I used to get, I could at least enjoy the plot and atmosphere of some of the new ones. Some recent favorites of mine are Coherence, Triangle, Devil's Pass, Frozen (2010), The Nightmare (Documentary), Berberian Sound Studio, Occulus, Time Lapse, The One I Love. I also like a few popular ones like VHS, It Follows, and Paranormal Activity but you guys have probably heard of those already.

Please recommend some more obscure horror thriller movies that don't rely too much on jump scares and gore. :)

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I can only recommend horror/thriller films from Asian countries since this is what I usually watch to get my fix. The first one is "A Tale of Two Sisters" which is a Korean horror film about two girls from a mental institution. They are released from the institution and goes home only to find out a ghost is with them.

Another one is "Confessions" a Japanese thriller film about a mother who seeks revenge for her daughter's death.

Good luck on finding other horror films!

4. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    Watch the Cabin in the Woods. Not your typical horror film, as it has a more msci-fi premise, but it has some truly great moments. Not to mention the visuals. They're awesome!