Hola = Access to American Netflix

Discussion in 'Netflix' started by jamiew23, Mar 28, 2015.

1. jamiew23

jamiew23 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2015
    I don't know if you already know about this but there's an extension you can download for free which tricks Netflix into thinking your in American and gives you access to tons more movies and shows!

It's completely free to download and use: http://www.hola.org

I was shown this by my friend when I wanted to watch Jumanji, God knows why the UK Netflix didn't have it but the American one did!

I don't think Netflix can find out you're using this but use at your own risk, I don't want to be blamed for anything.

ptimkey likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    I used this back in Romania when I didn't have access to Netflix and I recommend it, it's very good!
    Be careful though, one friend got caught and his subscription got revoked.

4. westmixxin

westmixxin Member

Mar 30, 2015
    I've heard this extension and actually works both ways there is another one that you can use to treat Netflix into thinking that you're in Canada. It's interesting to think about how much more access you have when you use this program. You actually are capable of seeing a lot of different movies.

5. jamiew23

Mar 28, 2015
    I've never heard of anyone getting caught but yeah use this at your own risk :p It's incredible how much more they have on the American site! I personally don't really understand why. I know there was something to do with the fact some things on the American site wasn't actually out in the UK yet but things like jumanji?! I don't know but yeah Hulu! Check it out :)

6. derrek

derrek Member

Mar 31, 2015
    Did you have to wait for moderator approval before they accepted your post OP? I just tried to post the same link in another thread. It's probably for the better, that way this forum won't get spammed by Xrumer and the like. Regarding using Hola to access the American Netflix, I'd advise not switching between your local Netflix and the American one too often to avoid getting your subscription revoked.

ptimkey likes this.
  7. jamiew23

Mar 28, 2015
    No I just posted it up haha, not really sure what happened with your post but maybe it is something to do with Spam measure maybe? I think it's such a shame that the UK and US Netflix can't just share their movie databases, I reckon Netflix would become a lot more popular over in the UK if they did!

8. ptimkey

ptimkey Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
  9. jamiew23

Mar 28, 2015
    That would be awesome if that all went through! Fingers crossed they sort out a deal soon :) Will have to keep an eye out on whether it goes through or not!

10. Big Dan

Big Dan What cord? Founding Member

Apr 8, 2014
    New York
    This is one of the things Netflix will publicly frown upon but in reality do nothing about. They don't give two chits where you're watching from as long as they get paid. It's only the content providers (their licencors) that care. Netflix is the middle man and doesn't care.

11. rightct

rightct Active Member

Mar 21, 2015
    I've never heard of this extension, but I will surely use it when I visit Eastern Europe, as I'm sure that there Netflix isn't available at all. I do have an inquiry though: How can you pay for Netflix if your bank details are from an unsupported country, anyway? I think that, when you pay, a security process will trigger and block the payment, as it would detect that you are from somewhere else than Netflix is allowed to stream. This VPN could be used for other miscellaneous things, but surely not to mislead these streaming services into thinking you're legitimate. If someone succeeds, then let us know!