HDMI brands don't matter

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by cobywill, Mar 5, 2014.

1. cobywill

cobywill Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    East Coast, USA
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    Indeed. It's all about digital vs analog. The stream being sent to your TV via an HDMI cable is digital data. 1s and 0s. It either arrives or it doesn't. It doesn't matter how fast the data gets there the TV or monitor can't reproduce the image until it all gets there. So video through a cheap HDMI cable is no different than video through an expensive Monster cable for example.

A pretty good infographic for the visual learners :)

[​IMG]

Also don't be too cheap on HDMI cables either as the lower quality ones are prone to breaking easily. I usually spend $17 to $20 max on a 6 ft HDMI cable. If you buy one for $9 and below, don't be surprised if the cheap connectors break when you pull them out of an snug fit HDMI slot.

4. sidd230

sidd230 Founding Member Founding Member

Nov 27, 2013
    So you are telling me that i dont need the 1000$ MONSTER gold plated HDMI cable to get all muh pixels and protect my TV from viruses ? /s

cobywill likes this.
  5. Jory

Jory Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 8, 2014
    You bring up a good point there sidd. With all this power I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a virus in an app (for the firetv or roku etc) that mines bitcoins for them.

There is already a java/javascript app that can mine bitcoins on visitors computers.