HBO Now Service Has Roughly 800,000 Paying Subscribers

Discussion in 'Other' started by LeoIrish, Feb 10, 2016.

1. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ghost_in_the_machine

ghost_in_the_machine movie expert...

Feb 9, 2016
    California
    I don't subscribe to HBO NOW, but I've used HBO GO to stream some episodes of True Detective and so far I'm really impressed with their selection. Sometimes your internet/cable provider actually comes with a subscription to GO and it really saved me a few times when I had a lot of time to waste and wanted something to watch.

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Probably not, but that's mainly because I tend to buy HBO shows rather than streaming them. I don't know what it is, but something about HBO's lineup pushes me to get DVDs instead. Probably a good sign regarding the worthiness of their shows.

5. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    I have been viewing their shows via DVD's from the library for the last couple of years. I cannot imagine doing it any other way at this point.

6. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    I always, always forget that libraries carry DVDs. I think it's symptomatic of having worked at one when they only offered VHS tapes, and a pretty scant selection of them to boot. Should probably give my library a look the next time I want to watch something new...

7. LeoIrish

Mar 28, 2015
    My suggestion - do it online. That way if it is currently checked-out, or needs to come from another library, you can wait until they tell you it is available.

8. ghost_in_the_machine

ghost_in_the_machine movie expert...

Feb 9, 2016
    California
    You should check out HBO GO. Definitely worth it if you have a supported ISP.