Does anyone use iTunes streaming?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by lexinonomous, Nov 18, 2015.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I'm well aware of iTunes and it's popularity. I've been asked countless times through the app store, if I'd like to purchase their newest releases. As many times as I've been offered movies and television shows via-iTunes, I have never made a video purchase. I'm not even sure if I've made a music purchase.

I may not be interested in streaming through iTunes, but I know there has to be someone out there that is. Personally, I do not like the idea of having to pay per episode. I might find this more appealing if they offered a streaming deal that was monthly.

Does anyone actually use iTunes streaming regularly?
    Why do you prefer it over other streaming?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Personally, I do not purchase seasons or movies anymore. I would prefer to wait a bit and either watch it via one of the streaming services or simply checkout the DVD via the library. I just grabbed Vacation, Jurassic World, and season 2 of Black Sails.

4. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I feel the same way. I can't bring myself to pay $1.99 per week to watch my favorite episode. If I wanted to watch more than one show, I'm going to pay a huge chunk of change weekly, when I can just pay $8-9 a month for unlimited television shows via-streaming. I think this is where iTunes lost it's touch.

LeoIrish likes this.
  5. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I do not purchase movies anymore, I prefer to use streaming sites.

6. summertime

summertime Member

Jan 25, 2016
    iTunes is a joke. Considering how easy it is to access streaming movies and music online now, paying as much as iTunes is asking seems a foolish move. It's bad, because I judge others when they don't financially support the artists that I have made some sort of investment in, but then I've screwed over so many artists that I respect by bootlegging their material that my opinion is balderdash.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    I've rented one or two movies off of iTunes in the past, mainly if I couldn't find them anywhere else and was really desperate, but on the whole I'm not a huge fan. I'd rather just wait until a movie comes out on Netflix, or, barring that, just... not see it, I guess...? Everything seems to appear on Netflix eventually, so...

8. bretthuda33

bretthuda33 Member

Feb 12, 2016
    I can't believe anyone would pay as much as they charge just to watch a movie! When you can stream or just pirate content it seems silly of them to have that service. It's even weirder that youtube charges not to watch certain movies and t.v. shows but I guess if that's all you got, the only choice is to not watch anything, lol.

9. ghost_in_the_machine

ghost_in_the_machine movie expert...

Feb 9, 2016
    California
    I've watched a movie once or twice in it's early days, but I'm going to have to agree that it's much more worth it to pirate content, and without having to watch it on a phone is a big plus. Bigscreen, bluray pirated. Good to go.