Deadpool! Deadpool! Deadpool!

Discussion in 'What To Watch' started by UnslaadKrosis, Feb 20, 2016.

1. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    This has to be one of the BEST action/comedies that I've seen for a long time. By a long shot. And seeing how it broke like, a zillion records in its first weekend of box-office release, (considering it's an R-rated film that competed with mainstream counterparts and still came out on top) the public thinks so too.

The action is mind-bogglingly great, the humor is crazy, and the characters are played perfectly. (Ryan Reynolds nailed the thing from top to bottom like a boss :cool:). I don't really ask for a sequel movie that often, but this time, I can't just wait for the next one! And it is still in theaters!

So for people who still haven't watched the movie, What are you waiting for? GO WATCH IT NOW.

P.S: Don't take your kids. Cuz it ain't that kind of 'superhero' movie. ;)

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I have watched it already! It was such a fun and entertaining film. I think Ryan Reynolds truly embodied Deadpool, from his acting to the humour. I also really love the woman who played Vanessa, Morena Baccarin. I wonder if they would stay through the storyline and follow what truly happened to the two in the comics. I hope they do though in the upcoming movies. And I hope this is finally the comic to movie series that will finish all the comics series. And that can be quite a lot considering Deadpool has had a lot of love interests in the comics.

4. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I plan on watching this next week. I hope it will still be showing then. I haven't had time to go and watch in cinemas this past week and I have been wanting to so much because I've been seeing discussions on it and they have all been very positive but the worst thing is that I can't even read them because I don't want to see any spoilers lol.

UnslaadKrosis and briannagodess like this.
  5. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I will be watching it -but most likely not until it is available for purchase. Just not enough time!

6. briannagodess

Jan 17, 2016

You can read my reviews, they don't have spoilers. Hahaha! I am careful with spoilers because a lot of people get annoyed when you spoil the ending or the story for them. Lol. Thankfully, no one has ever hated me for my reviews since they're quite vague. I hope you enjoy the movie! And give us a review after you've watched it!

Haruka likes this.
  7. Haruka

Dec 3, 2013
    Did you mean your post or do you have a blog or youtube channel where you do in depth reviews? Either way thanks for not spoiling and I am glad that people nowadays are a lot more considerate. I myself don't take it that hard when a movie gets spoiled for me though, I understand it's just entertainment. I do get bummed out sometimes but for the most part I don't care too much and I especially won't get angry just because of it. :D

briannagodess likes this.
  8. briannagodess

Jan 17, 2016
    I meant just my post, I don't have a movie review blog or channel, haha! I guess some people, like me, don't know how to put those spoiler tags. Do you know how to put those? Haha. I'm amazed that some people put those and the spoilers can be hidden.

Lol, my husband's the opposite. He especially hates it when he's looking forward to a movie for a long time and someone spoils it to him.

9. Haruka

Dec 3, 2013
    I understand the pain he goes through lol. If I'm really into a show or a movie then I'll be extremely careful but if it's just another movie that will most likely play out ordinarily I'm much less worried. I don't care that much about Star Wars, for example, so even though I found lots of spoilers online I didn't mind even if I plan on watching it in the future.

10. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    You can watch the Jeremy Jahns review of the movie (non-spoiler version) on Youtube. I think that it's just the kind of review you're looking for.

11. briannagodess

Jan 17, 2016
    I don't get as much spoilers for those movies. Usually, it's the local movies that we get spoilers from. It's like you have watched the entire movie in the trailer already and then a friend in Facebook would post her thoughts on the movie. Like, how shocking the ending was and it gives you a glimpse of what the ending might be.

For Star Wars and even Deadpool, I'm happy that not a lot of my friends gave spoilers. All they said was it was an amazing movie and how hot the actors are. It's usually like that with international or hollywood movies.

12. Haruka

Dec 3, 2013
    Trailers nowadays are awful! They give you the entire movie or even just the best scenes that when you finally watch the movie it's much less special. I try to avoid trailers because of this but I can't help it sometimes because it's also fun. I just wish they would make it differently so that you don't get all the best bits. I think some trailers have done this successfully but I can't remember which ones.

13. briannagodess

Jan 17, 2016
    Yup, that's what movie trailers do, they spoil the film for you. Lol. But it's definitely important to watch the trailers, to know if a movie is worth watching or not. And maybe that's where most movie trailers fail, they give us the best parts and even the ending just in itself. Trailers need to entice us, not spoil the movie for us.

For me, one good trailer example is The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. It definitely made me want to watch the film. It made me want more rather than know it all.