Crackle

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by getridofcable, May 20, 2014.

1. getridofcable

getridofcable Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Roku 3 search saved me a few dollars last night when my girlfriend wanted to watch "The Ides Of March" and Crackle was the only channel to have it for free, so I decided to write up a little review, please check it out if you don't mind.

http://getridofcable.net/streaming-media/rid-cable-reviews-crackle/

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fauxpeux

Fauxpeux Well-Known Member

May 2, 2014
    Here (I think)
    Great review! I like Crackle. It's a great channel for winding down. There's a small selection so you're not overwhelmed and too intimidated to pick anything. And it's most likely things you've seen before so it's not that imperative to pay attention. It seems like a backhanded compliment, but it's a great channel for background noise.

However, it does have Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, which is great. Jeopardy! reruns, too.

4. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I'd love to read your review, but for some reason the link doesn't seem to be opening? Is it still active?

5. kjay

kjay Active Member

May 13, 2014
    I got the same thing. The link is not taking me anywhere.

6. Fauxpeux

Fauxpeux Well-Known Member

May 2, 2014
    Here (I think)
    I just remembered the link didn't work for me, either. I just went ahead and used the blog link in getridofcable's signature. It's the most recent blog entry.

7. FloraFauna

FloraFauna Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I've had Crackle on my iPad for a long time now and have seen things I wanted to watch but have yet to actually try it yet. But I'm going to have to remedy that soon.

8. kjay

kjay Active Member

May 13, 2014
    Gave Crackle a shot today to watch a movie. Same two ads every 15 minutes or so was a little annoying. This may be a little discomfort from the recent transition that I may be able to get past over time.

#mix it up a bit

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Millinocket, Maine
    I don't use Crackle often because it doesn't have a lot of upper-scale movies but it is free, there are some good movies, and I have found quite a few that I have watched over the past year, including some series but I don't know that I have come across any series on Crackle that I couldn't have found elsewhere. As someone mentioned, Comedians in Cars is worth a look. There are a lot of free channels available on Roku that I subscribe to, and check with every now and then; Crackle is one of them. As others have mentioned, the double-ads can get annoying, since they nearly always play the same ad twice in a row. There are a few too many ads for my taste but, again, it's free and they've got to make money somewhere.

10. mairj23

mairj23 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I personally don't like Crackle. The movies are low budget, bad acting, and nothing up to date. Also they run too many commercials. There area a few good movies there but I wouldn't waste much time there.

11. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    As I have mentioned on a couple of other postings, I use and like Crackle. Even though there are ads, no subscription fees involved. I have also enjoyed a couple of their original shows (Chosen / Sequestered). I am hoping their recently announced shows / movies will be good.