Complaints With Streaming On Previous Consoles?

Discussion in 'Gaming Consoles' started by Haruka, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    Now that the next generation of consoles is upon us and is now the current generation, I think it would be nice to look back and hear some feedback on the previous one, and to see how it compares with the new generation consoles.

I never had an Xbox, so I would love to hear our members' thoughts on it when it comes to streaming, but of course, I'd love to hear from our members who have PS3s as well.

I myself have a PS3, and I use it to stream movies from time to time. My only complaint about it, which I consider as both being a minor and major problem at the same time is that it doesn't support playback of certain file types. If I recall correctly, the one I have the most problems with are mkv files, which accounts for a lot of my video files, unfortunately. I do hope they have corrected this problem with the newer consoles, and would love to hear from someone who already has a PS4. :)

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lstryhrn

lstryhrn Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Well right now the PS4 can't stream like the PS3 and the XBOX 1 its a trick to it. It wants you to sav everything on the their cloud before you can stream it. Good news that the PS4 will send a update out to fix their issue.

4. knoonz

knoonz Founding Member Founding Member

Jan 10, 2014
    I had a lot of trouble with my Wii for streaming. I'm not sure whether it was hardware or software failure, but it would crash, get "stuck" all the time, and the picture looked terrible because it wasn't HD. Right now we have the Wii in the bedroom and the PS3 in the living room. When we get the PS4 we'll be getting rid of the Wii.