Cinema Sins / Honest Trailers

Discussion in 'Other' started by SLTE, Feb 24, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    This was raised in another thread, so I figured, why not? They're both great YouTube channels, and entirely pertinent to discussion.

For those who don't know, Cinema Sins and Honest Trailers are comedy channels on YouTube that dissect movies new and old. Cinema Sins goes at films with a fine-tooth comb, picking out any flaws, inconsistencies, and overused movie tropes they find, while Honest Trailers takes movie footage and applies a comedic bent to the descriptions. Both are pretty hilarious, and I highly recommend both if you like film.

Anyone here watched any Cinema Sins and / or Honest Trailers? Which do you like more?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    Honest trailers. Hands down. CinemaSins is a great channel, but to fully enjoy their commentary, you have to have a somewhat decent grasp on the practices of the Industry. (Mostly the commonly used cliches and tropes). On the other hand, Honest Trailers focus mainly on comedic aspect of the narration rather than a thorough dissection of the movie, often referencing pop culture.

And not to mention the voice. I love that amazing voice of the Honest Trailers narrator!:cool:

4. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Very true. There's plenty of humour in Cinema Sins, and I like it because I have a solid knowledge of the film industry, but it's not the most accessible YouTube channel unless you happen to really like one of the movies they have on offer.

And yes. The Honest Trailers narrator rules. The Cinema Sins dude is fine, but he's not epic.

5. Haruka

Haruka Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 3, 2013
    I like the honest trailer guys, but the cinemasins group is a little less appealing to me. From time to time I can enjoy the content if I want to see a movie picked apart but I can't enjoy it in large doses like many other youtube videos that I tend to binge on.