Can no longer tune to NBC in Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Help & Resources' started by RooiValk, Jan 30, 2017.

1. RooiValk

RooiValk New Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I have never had a perfect signal from NBC (36.1) in Charlotte, but this weekend it completely disappeared without me having changed a thing.

I have a strong signal from Fox and CBS, which are located within 1 mile of NBC. This is what I have tried without success:

Rescanned for channels on the TiVo.
    Switched from the TiVo tuner to a TV tuner and scanned for channels.
    Scanned using other TVs in the house.
    Checked the signal amplifier to make sure it is working.
    Realligned the antenna, although it appeared good.

At this point I'm at a loss. I have the following dual quad bay antenna:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DHHMOUW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can anyone help?

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I wish I was more of an expert when it came to antennas. I can tell you I had to play around with our antenna until we got it just right. This included sometimes stations disappearing for periods of times. My suggestion would be to see if you can mount the antenna in a different spot / higher. There may be obstructions in the way preventing a good signal.

4. RooiValk

RooiValk New Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. It is mounted in my attic about as high as it can go. No matter where I move it the roof is the only thing in the way so I'm left with little option other than to try another antenna. Reviews are not trustworthy so I may spend $90 or so and find that the new antenna is no different. Or the signal could be worse. Very weird that the signal just disappeared though.

5. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    maybe they shut down that transmitter. Call and ask.