Cable Subscribers pay $10 per channel

Discussion in 'Cord Cutter Chat' started by Double D, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Double D

Double D Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2016
    http://cordcuttersnews.com/cable-tv-subscribers-pay-average-10-every-channel-actually-watch/. This would make me very angry if I still subscribed to cable. Direct TV had me up to $144 per month for cable alone! And I didn't have premium channels! So my average would be higher than $10 per channel! (Notice a pattern of exclamation marks). Cutting the cord frustrates me at times and occasionally my wife hates me for convincing her to do it but overall it was well worth it. Best decision we made.

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Does it "upset" me? Not really - and not just because we cut the cord. The main reason is it is each and every person's decision on what does and does not make fiscal sense. That being said, I cannot imagine going back to cable (unless it was free). All we pay for now are the big three of Netflix / Amazon / Hulu (had Netflix and Amazon before cutting the cord) - and that is it.

All of the above being said, I know people who will never cut the cord, and have no desire to do so. For them, cable is simply too easy with everything at their fingertips. To be blunt, I agree cable is very good at delivering content with the least amount of issues. But, for the minor troubles relying upon streaming causes, it was well worth the savings.