Ash vs. Evil Dead

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by SLTE, Feb 7, 2016.

1. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    I was scrolling through iTunes, looking for something to rent, and I noticed this series is on there. So, hey, worth a post. Has anyone checked out Ash vs. Evil Dead yet?

I must confess that I loved this show. Like, loved it. It's a bang on return to everything that made the movies great: buckets of gore, cheesy one-liners, humour flying all over the place, lots of action, deadites, and, of course, Ash. So much Ash. Bruce Campbell steps into the role with incredible ease. It's amazing, too, because unlike so many other actors who have trouble reconciling younger performances with advanced age, the writing here totally works with Ash being older than before. Throw in a strong supporting cast and you've got a damned good show. Highly recommended if you can stand the sight of blood, and / or enjoyed the movies.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I watched the first movie - and loved it. I recorded all of the shows via a trial with Starz (with Amazon). I will give my report later!

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    South Central USA
    I only recently stumbled upon the original film. I'm a Bruce Campbell fan, which is how I found it. I have been planning to check out the series, but had forgotten all about it until I read this. I'll have to see if I can squeeze it onto my DVR. I'm happy to see him on the screen, I love him from Burn Notice.

5. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Bruce Campbell's a great actor. I don't know how much he does this in Burn Notice, but in Evil Dead you get to see just how good a physical actor he is. He's amazing at incorporating large and small gestures into every facet of his performances, and Evil Dead gets really physical at times. So long as you can stomach so much blood, you should enjoy him here.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    South Central USA
    I think I could stomach it for him. I need to watch an episode or two, just to make sure I like it, then I'll make room on my DVR for that. I've also noticed he's very expressive, and has amazing timing for his dialogue, as well. I really enjoy watching him. I loved the interactions with the other characters on Burn Notice. That's probably one I'll end up buying eventually, and binge watching, because the actors had such great on screen chemistry.

7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Most of the gore is played up for laughs, at least, and though there are some pretty big splashes of blood and some cringe-worthy moments they're usually only flashed up for a second or two. Bruce Campbell's hamminess in the role is worth every second of blood and guts.

8. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    I absolutely love this show. It has a lot of cheesy dialogues and over-the-top action sequences true, but somehow that adds to the enjoyment. It's hilarious, it's action-packed, and it doesn't take itself seriously. At all. And Bruce just RULES. :cool: