Apple TV Review

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by getridofcable, Aug 14, 2014.

1. getridofcable

getridofcable Founding Member Founding Member

Dec 4, 2013
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I finally managed to slog through an Apple TV review... I am not a big fan of it so it isn't very positive... but I'd like your thoughts on it when you have a chance please.

http://getridofcable.net/apple-tv/

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TimW

TimW Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    My first thoughts are that it's very hard to read. According to Word 2010 it's written on a 12th grade reading level. This is something I struggle with a lot on my site as well, but the general consensus is to write on an eighth grade level. I've found that if the sentences are shorter and punchier, then readers will like it more.

I did like that you went through The Good and The Bad as well. Many reviews are nothing more than glowing sales recommendations, so it's nice to see one that is brutally honest.

4. HattoriHanzo

HattoriHanzo Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 2, 2014
    I am not a big fan of your review..
    I think that you may have a device that dosen't work very well.
    My Atv's at Home never had that issue ( using it daily 4hrs minimum.

5. getridofcable

Dec 4, 2013
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Thanks for the feedback... I have posted this a few places and found that quite a few others have this same issue with their device. I honestly think the software update that came out around December/January is the source of the problem as I don't think I was having an issue before that.

6. HattoriHanzo

Apr 2, 2014
    I will be watching a program and it will randomly just go back to the main menu. No error, no warning or freezing just one minute in the middle of an episode of True Blood the next minute the main menu

Wich App where you using ?

I am using Netflix / Hulu / Hbo / Showtime / Disney / Espn and never had this kind of problem.

7. getridofcable

Dec 4, 2013
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    It does it no matter what app i use. Netflix, Hulu+, WWE Network etc...

8. HattoriHanzo

Apr 2, 2014
    Then i think that you may have a faulty device.
    The only trouble i had so far was that sometimes using the Airplay function the ATV would give me a error message but it worked the second time.